Help shape the future of our thriving district!
At Otorohanga District Council we believe that ‘small is good’. Comprising just over 40 staff and based in an attractive rural location, Council’s friendly, professional team takes real pride in their work to provide quality and timely service to their customers.
This position is a well-established role, reporting directly to the Engineering Manager. The Services Manager will lead the team responsible for a significant portfolio of infrastructure and community assets. In simple terms if it isn’t a road then the Services Manager is responsible for its operation, maintenance and renewal.
This is an incredibly demanding and diverse role where you are in the office and out in the field, and no two days are the same!
What you will need to succeed:
- Proven experience delivering strong results aligned to asset management plans and the management of associated budgets
- A reputation for building a highly productive and capable team with a strong team culture focused on delivering work of excellent quality
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills which will enable you to manage your team and work with ratepayers, Waikato Regional Council and the Waikato District Health Board
- Credibility that supports engagement with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to build outstanding working relationships and strong partnerships with contractors
A tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in civil engineering is preferable, and practical experience, particularly in the operation of the three waters and project management of NZ 3910 based contracts, is highly desirable. Local government experience would also be beneficial but is not essential.
This is an opportunity for an experienced leader with sound knowledge of three waters, parks and community facilities, and to step up and really make a difference to the results achieved and delivered by these key Council services. Generally you will be required to work between the life-friendly hours of 8.00am – 5.00pm.
You will need the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
For a confidential chat please call Kylie on 07 873 7104.or send your cover letter and CV to Kylie Mouat at email@example.com by 5.00pm Monday, 14 January 2019.